Here we'll cast the spotlight on all things PHR... Products, team members, riders, fabrics and other PHR goodness!
Shannon is an eventer and showjumper who is in her second year as an Ambassador for PHR.
1. When you were 5, you were pretty sure you’d be a “police officer” when you grew up.
2. Are you messy or organised? “I am quite organised (given that I have storage. A girl needs storage) I have an awful habit of organising other people’s stuff…”
3. You’re happiest when… “I am with my animals and family.”
4. What do you like most about our brand? “How absolutely beautiful and unique every item of clothing is! Best part it is soo affordable!”
5. What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love? “Friends.”
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? “When people say the word ‘youse’.“
7. What is your greatest riding achievement to date? “My greatest riding achievement to date would have to be training Matilda. Tilly was a 4yo quarab mare who was absolutely impossible to ride… she would rear, buck and do just about anything to not be ridden. Took a while but she ended up being the quietest most talented little galloway I ever had!”
8. If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see? “Ending of world hunger. World peace.“
9. What is the one thing, you can’t live without? “Pasta. It’s a sick obsession really.”
10. Your least favourite food? “Any seafood, zucchini, squash.”
11. What drew you to PHR originally? “How unique it is! Love standing out in the crowd. These days everyone is wearing the same old boring stuff. PHR is never boring!”
12. People would be surprised if they knew… “I am nearly finished becoming a marriage celebrant!”
13. The best piece of advice you’ve ever been given is… “If you’re not happy, find out why and fix it.“
14. Your favourite quote? “Go for it, no matter how it ends it was an experience.”
15. What 3 words would you use to describe PHR? “Unique, stylish, affordable.”
16. What do you think your greatest strength is as a rider? “Since training Tilly I am much more of an optimistic rider. In saying that I now think about the outcome of what my actions are a lot more. So in all, my strength is being a thinker.”
17. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? “Would love to become a nurse/midwife. But I absolutely would love to know how to speak other languages and play music.”
18. What is the best book you have ever read? “I love the hunger games series.”
19. Which is the most challenging horse you’ve ridden, and why? “Definitely Matilda. She was so sensitive. She trained me to always think about my actions. She would let me know if I wasn’t doing it right that’s for sure.”
20. How do you define success? “Happiness. If you aren’t happy then you can’t really call it success.”
Emily is our Junior Ambassador from the Hills District in NSW who says that eventing is her absolute passion.
Amy Matthews is off to China! Plus she reviews our Silicone Grip Breeches...
Amy is one of our Junior Ambassadors, located on the NSW North Coast. Amy was recently selected to travel to China to represent Pony Club Australia, so before we get into her product review, here is our mini interview with Amy about her trip...
Sarah: "So I'm here with Amy at Wingham ODE, in the PHR trade stand, recording this on my phone. It's great that you're competing here this weekend, it's given us the chance to have a chat about this exciting opportunity of yours! So firstly, congratulations!"
Amy: "Yeah thank you, and it's good to catch up."
Sarah: "Well, let's get some details. Where are you off to exactly?"
Amy: "I'm going to Ninjang, China."
Sarah: "And when are you going?"
Amy: "The 23rd of this month, May, until the 4th of June."
Sarah: "So that's a few weeks? Two weeks."
Amy: "Two weeks, yeah."
Sarah: "Awesome. How did it all come about?"
Amy: "So Pony Club Australia posted asking for applications from people 12, 13 and 14 and we just applied for it. As long as you'd been to State for Pony Club before, that was the level you needed to be at. And then you had to write lots of other stuff in too."
Sarah: "So it was a detailed application process?"
Amy: "Yeah, but it's not really about the level of riding you're at, it's more about how much you help around Pony Club and stuff like that."
Sarah: "Ok cool, that's really great. What Pony Club are you attached to?"
Amy: "Coffs Harbour Pony Club."
Sarah: "So what do you know about the trip so far?"
Amy: "We'll be riding horses in China, at their Pony Club, helping to show some of the skills we use in Pony Club here. I think we'll be doing a gymkhana and a little bit of jumping there. I'm not really sure of that much yet."
Sarah: "How are you feeling about going overseas and riding horses you've never seen before?"
Amy: "Um. Excited! I'm not really sure what it's going to be like but it's really exciting."
Sarah: "It sure is. Do you know anyone else that's going?"
Amy: "No, they're from all over. There's one from each state, I think two from NSW. But I don't know any of them."
Sarah: "Then it's also an opportunity to make some new friends."
Amy: "Yeah it is."
Sarah: "Well congratulations Amy! Thanks for meeting us for this quick chat, we wish you all the best over there. Have fun, and hopefully we can catch up again once you're home to hear all about it!"
Amy: "Yeah, thank you that sounds great."
READ ON FOR AMY'S PRODUCT REVIEW...
"These beautiful comfortable breeches are a must have for everyday riding!"
"These breeches are my absolute favourite, you will never get me out of them! They are so very comfortable and look amazing at the same time with unique colours you will stand out from the crowd!
Trendy striped silicone printed half-seat. Lycra calf insert for comfort and ease of wear. Mid-rise waist for versatility and front pockets for convenience. Silky smooth and super stretchy, these breeches won't pull across your knees or restrict your movement in any way. so comfy and perfect for all day wear.
Available in Warm Brown or Rust, both with navy silicone and detailing."
"If you ever are looking to buy new stylish & affordable equestrian attire I highly recommend to go to @petitehorseandrider & use my code AMY10 for 10% off your purchase, you can personalise shirts to fit you how you like, change the sleeve length etc. All is possible to make you get what you're looking for at PHR!"
Our Silicone Grip Half-Seat Breeches are currently available in warm brown or rust in sizes 4-8 HERE.
Read Amy's Team Rider Profile HERE.
Read Amy's 20 Questions Spotlight HERE.
Our 20 Questions Spotlight this week went out to one of our QLD Ambassadors Tennille. Tennille is a florist by day, and dressage is her chosen discipline.
We're catching up with Junior Ambassador Amy Matthews for this Team Rider Spotlight. Amy primarily competes in showjumping, but also some eventing, and has been selected to travel to China to represent Pony Club Australia later this month.
Petite Horse & Rider PRODUCT REVIEW on the ALEXIS SHOW SHIRT ~ by LAURA WAKELY.
"This beautiful show shirt presently comes in 6 unique, eye-catching variations. It is a must have for the competition season!
The PHR Alexis Show Shirt is exclusive to Petite Horse & Rider. Made from soft stretch polycotton for a chic slim fit shape, which means they tuck perfectly into a pair of breeches for a smart, tidy picture. The trendy high collar will stand up even when not zipped, and also looks great folded over!
This shirt is one of my absolute favourites as it is super comfortable and the unique, eye-catching designs allow you to stand out from the crowd! I highly recommend to anyone looking for an affordable, high quality show shirt.
Petite Horse & Rider regularly release new variations to keep each range unique, and you can choose your sleeve length. You may not be aware, but PHR make all sizes, and also offer a made to measure service for those looking for a more personalised fit.
The Alexis Show Shirt is available to order HERE. Use my code “LAURA10” for 10% off."
Laura is one of our Junior Ambassadors, located on the NSW Mid North Coast. Laura competes in showjumping, dressage and eventing on her two horses Maggie and George.
Read Laura's Team Rider Profile HERE.
Read Laura's 20 Questions Spotlight HERE.
This week we are casting the spotlight on our Ambassador Kaitlyn McGill. Kaitlyn is a dressage rider from Victoria, who has trained her mare Flowervale Sancierra from breaker to Advanced level.
In the spotlight this week is junior Ambassador Sarah O'Connor. Sarah is one of the youngest members on our team and enjoys having a go at all disciplines with her horse Jasper.
This week we cast the spotlight on our Ambassador Kate Ferguson, a showjumper from the NSW Mid North Coast.
Jazmin, our junior Ambassador from the NSW Mid North Coast competes in dressage, hacking & showjumping with her horses Bobby & Monty