Team Rider Spotlight ~ 20 Questions with LAURA ...
Published on by Sarah
Team Rider Spotlight ~ 20 Questions with LAURA WAKELY
Our Junior Ambassador Laura from the NSW Mid North Coast competes in showjumping and eventing with her two horses Maggie and George.
- Your absolute favourite PHR outfit is… “The Pretty Paisley Alexis Show Shirt, paired with the Full Suede Seat High-Rise Breeches in competition white.”
- The number one thing on your bucket list… “Sky diving!”
- The most important trend you see today… “Kindness, the world needs more of it!”
- Fav line from any movie… “‘You’re my miracle and I think I’m yours. Let’s go show them how a no chance girl and a last chance stud get it done’, which is from the movie A Sunday Horse.”
- If you could ride any horse, it would be… “Edwina Tops-Alexander’s beautiful Inca Boy. He is an amazing horse!”
- Your most overused phrase is… “’That’s what’s up.’ I say it too much and my friends always pull me up for it hahah!”
- Your fav part about working with PHR is… “Definitely seeing the behind the scenes action. Seeing how much love and hard work is put in by the team. It is really awesome to see.”
- One thing you couldn’t live without… “Definitely my family!”
- The first thing you’d do if you won the lottery… “Donate to the Australian farmers.”
- To manage nerves whilst competing… “I always make sure that I am well organised and on time! All my nerves are gone once I am in the saddle.”
- Fav quote… “They said she couldn’t, so she did.”
- The most important thing I have learnt in the last five years is… “That the comeback is always stronger than the setback.”
- Use three words to describe PHR… “Unique yet elegant.”
- Your most exhilarating riding moment was… “Riding my first cross country course with Maggie, galloping through the finish flags with a clear run was the best feeling ever!”
- What gets you out of bed in the morning? “The fact that I have to do all the things I can, whilst I can. One day I am not going to be able to get out of bed.”
- A TV show that you’re ashamed to admit you enjoy is… “Married At First Sight.
- Your fav events are… “Coffs Coast Jump Club jump festivals and Nana Glen ODE. Both events are so well run and it’s so much fun competing with friends.”
- You like to tell yourself that… “I am an organised person. Although I do find myself always rushing to do my school assessments at the last minute!”
- If you had to choose and eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life you would choose… “Butter chicken, without a doubt!”
- The best piece of advice you’ve ever been given is… “To never give up, and to always have hope. No matter what the circumstances are.”
Only registered users may post comments.
Sign in and post comment