Team Rider Spotlight ~ 20 Questions with JAZMIN...
Published on by Sarah
Team Rider Spotlight ~ 20 Questions with JAZMIN MADDEN
Jazmin, our junior Ambassador from the NSW Mid North Coast competes in dressage, hacking & showjumping with her horses Bobby & Monty
- How do you define success? “Doing better than you did last time, even if it’s only a small achievement.”
- How did you first learn about PHR? “Seeing other competitors and ambassadors riding in and promoting PHR.”
- If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see? “Winx run her last race.”
- What gets you out of bed in the morning? “To see my horses and cows, and of course my dreaded alarm clock haha.”
- How would you describe your approach to training your horses? “Calm, patient and encouraging.”
- People would be surprised if they knew: “I show cattle and I aspire to study Animal Genetics when I leave school.”
- When you were 5, you were pretty sure you'd be a… “Chicken nugget cooker” when you grew up.
- What is your favourite part about working with PHR? “The whole team is so supportive and encouraging."
- Your favourite word in the English language is: “‘Procrastination’ because I do a lot of that toward school work.”
- What phobias do you have? “A phobia of snakes and spiders.”
- What is your greatest riding achievement to date? “Placing in the top 10 in all events at Sydney Royal in the pony club show riding section.”
- You’re happiest when... “I’m with cattle, horses or finished an assessment task before it’s due.”
- What do you think your greatest strength is as a rider? “To stay calm and encourage the horse to reach its full potential.”
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why? “Germany, beautiful sights to see and magnificent horses, Singapore is also amazing!”
- What’s the most important trend you see today? “Youth taking action against climate change.”
- What does a typical day look like for you? “Feeding horses and cattle in the morning, school, feeding up in the afternoon, then homework and go to bed.”
- What 3 words would you use to describe PHR? “Stylish, comfortable and stunning!”
- If you were an animal what would you be? “Probably a giraffe.”
- What is the best book you have ever read? “Winx.”
- How do you manage your nerves before competing? “Have your horse well prepared weeks before the event, staying calm and making sure you have plenty of time to warm your horse up.”
Only registered users may post comments.
Sign in and post comment